Friday, June 13, 2008

Thing 6


To be honest, the explanation of the mashup was a bit too technical for me, but I love fd's Flickr toys. I can see using the mosaic in the library for covers for book lists. Jigsaws might be fun for the younger set; I can see using the posters, magazine covers, trading cards, the captioner, and more for library promotion and information. I would have loved the Warholizer when we made our own for our "groovy library" decorations; my aide did our principal and asst. principal all by herself. This would have made it lots easier! I even made my own trading card!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I agree! It took several "reads" to get through it; maybe, with practice, it will make more sense.

Erica Jean said...

I agree with you that I also loved Flickr "toys". There were lots of things that I feel I could use with my students as end products to research projects. I especially like the thought of using the magazine cover as the end product to a biography research project with the title being the person's name then short phrases about that person under the title. Lots to play with at this site!

LauraAnn said...

Don't you feel like you need a whole new vocabulary? I am going to make a list of technologically related words that one will need to navigate through Web2.0 !